Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July | Quick Manicure


For holidays like the 4th of July, I prefer to do my own manicure, because I don't necessarily want to keep my nails painted that way for more than a few days. I decided to do a super quick and easy mini tutorial for all of you who feel the same way!

I went with red, white, blue and gold, and decided to add some glitter to make it fun. At first I attempted to do stars, but it became way too complicated so I opted out of them.

Step 1: Start out with freshly cleaned nails
Step 2: Use any base coat, I used Sally Hansen's 'Hard as Nails'
Step 3: Decide what color pattern you want, there is no 'right order'
Step 4: Paint each nail with one coat of your selected color
Step 5: Let your nails dry a bit before applying the second coat of color (this will prevent them from taking forever to dry at the end)
Step 6: This is of course optional, but for my white nail and one of my red nails, I decided to add some glitter for that extra pizzaz (any craft glitter will work)
Step 7: If you do add glitter, just sprinkle it on to the nail, dusting off any excess
Step 8: Follow with a clear top coat (I used Seche Vite), and you're good to go!

Products Used:
Sally Hansen 'Hard as Nails'
Seche Vite fast drying top coat
OPI 'Big Apple Red'
OPI 'Lights of Emerald City'
Essie 'Blanc'
Essie 'Strut your Stuff'
Essie 'Good as Gold'
Craft Glitter in White & Cherry


 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment