Monday, July 14, 2014

Beauty Favorites | June 2014

I can't believe we are half way through the year already, it seems like just yesterday we were in January! While I usually struggle to narrow down my monthly favorites, the summer months are always really low product months for me.  I like to give my skin a break, especially in the heat, and layering on makeup when you're sweating can lead to some nasty breakouts. All that aside, I still have some goodies I've been loving this past month (sorry they're late).


1. Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot - In the summer I don't want to be applying anything too heavy on my lips because I'm usually not doing a 'full face' of makeup. I decided to give this little guys a go for just that reason. It gives you an amazing glossy finish and has the most gorgeous nude/pink color. It's my lip color but better. If you're in the market for an easy to apply lip product for days you just want a little extra something, this is worth a try. I'm definitely going to be trying out more of the lip glazes in the future. 

2. NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray - When I saw this I felt like the heavens were opening up. I've done a good amount of drug store beauty shopping and this was the first setting spray I've ever seen there. I knew I had to get it,and I have to say my expectations weren't that high. I'm a huge fan of the Urban Decay setting sprays, and I have gone through countless bottles of them. That being said, I have used this NYX one every single day since I got it. First of all, its about a 1/4 of the price of the Urban Decay ones, and its much easier to go to CVS on a regular basis than Sephora. But the product inside is really amazing. It keeps my make-up on all day and gives me a great dewy finish that I love. The only down side is that it does have a slight alcohol smell to it, but I haven't noticed any changes in my skin from it. Definitely a must have. 

3.The Body Shop's Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil - When I first got this I was a little hesitant. I know cleansing oils and balms are all the rage, but it seemed strange to me to rub oil on my skin and not break out. Once I tried this baby I was a complete convert. It is weird to rub oil on your face and no matter how much I use it I don't quite get used to it, but it really is a great product. I love the smell and its gentle on my skin while still managing to get all my makeup off. I used to be an avid make-up wipe user but I felt like they were drying out my skin and I was going through them really quickly. I've been using this oil every day for a month and I'm not even a quarter of the way through the bottle.

4. M.A.C. Bronzer in Refined Golden - This is an oldie but a goody. I don't usually like to use super shimmery products like this in the winter because I think they look a little too unnatural, but for the summer though, this is life. I use it to bronze and not to contour because it does have a gold shimmer. The orange/red undertones give your skin the most amazing bronzed goddess look. If you're super fair you probably won't love this product, but if you're slightly tan and even if your a deep olive complexion, you'll love this.

5. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched - Having a lip balm in my monthly favorites seems random I know, but it really is important to not only keep your lips hydrated, but protected from the sun. That's why I really love this one, it doesn't make your lips look overly glossy, and it doesn't have a really strong sunscreen smell. They have a bunch of different 'flavors' and colors, but my personal favorite is the clear one.

6. Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate - I'm always searching for a good eye cream, cause no matter how much I sleep, I can't seem to get rid of my dark circles, or at least I wasn't able to until I found this amazing product. I ordered some goodies from Nordstrom and they offered me some free deluxe samples and this was one of them. I was so surprised by how big the jar was that I got and I used it day and night for the entire month. Loving it is bitter sweet though because it does cost a whopping $85. I did completely love it, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it anytime soon, just because that is much more than I can commit to for an eye cream.  If you are in the market for a high-end eye cream, this is definitely my number one recommendation because it really tightens and brightens the skin under the eyes.

7. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - This has been the only thing I've been using as a base on my skin all summer long. It goes on really light and gives a great amount of coverage for being a BB cream and not a foundation. It definitely does have a luminous finish so if you have oily skin or prefer a matte finish I would opt for the oil-free version. It also has SPF 15 which is an absolutely must for these sunny summer months! 



 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment