Monday, March 10, 2014

Love it or Leave it | LUSH Cosmetics 'Mask of Magnaminty'

I am always on the hunt for a good face mask, so I decided to try LUSH Cosmetics' 'Mask of Magnaminty.' I had heard great reviews about it and I have always been a very big LUSH fan so I went for it.



The 'Mask of Magnaminty' is defined by LUSH as  'a deep cleansing face and back mask.' The mask is made of China clay and fresh peppermint to get deep into pores, and clear blackheads. The mask also contains  aduki beans to exfoliate skin, vanilla to calm redness and honey to soothe. 

I only used the mask on my face because fortunately I don't suffer from acne anywhere else, however, I think if you do have issues with back acne, this would work well. The mint gives your skin a nice tingly sensation and wakes up skin, giving it a nice glow afterwards. I found that leaving it on for 15-20 minutes while soaking in the bath worked best, because I was able to just relax and let it do its job without feeling like I was going to get it everywhere. 

One thing I really like about it is that it is free of any harsh chemicals, dyes, and perfumes, and it wasn't tested on animals. The largest size retails for $24.95 and is well worth the price because a small amount goes a long way. Another added bonus is that when you bring in 5 empty LUSH tubs they give you a 'fresh' face mask for free. Unlike this mask, the fresh ones do need to be refrigerated.

I find that using it as a mask works well, but it can also be used to spot treat specific areas of concern on a more regular basis. I would recumbent using it between 2-3 times a week, depending on the severity of your blemishes and the sensitivity of your skin. Lately I've been leaning towards 3 just because my skin is freaking out for some reason.

Because it has no chemically damaging products it doesn't dry the skin, so I think all skin types would love this product. It leaves your skin feeling nourished and refreshed, which anyone could use; and by anyone I mean men too. 

So after all is said and done, should you love this product or should you leave it?
YOU SHOULD LOVE IT 






No comments:

Post a Comment