Saturday, May 9, 2015

5 Favorite Summer Lip Colors


With Summer approaching (finally) I thought I'd mention some lip colors I love for warmer weather. In the summer I rarely wear a full face of makeup and I think dewy, tan skin with a bold lip is amazing -it's easy and won't make you feel like you're dripping foundation.
  1. NARS lipgloss in Angelika - I've had this lip gloss for years and it's great. NARS has recently reformulated all of their lip glosses, and this particular shade now has some gold shimmer in it, which I think is really nice. The packaging is also new, but NARS packaging is always my favorite. Angelika is the perfect wearable hot pink, its pigmented but not too pigmented, and not sticky.
  2. M.A.C. lipstick in Creme Cup - This is a holy grail lipstick for me, for all seasons. It's a gorgeous pinky nude that can be made more nude or more pink depending on the gloss you put overtop. M.A.C. lipsticks smell so yummy and make me seriously nostalgic. 
  3. Milani Lipstick in Flamingo Pose - Milani lipsticks are some of my all time favorite, in particular for bright colors. High end lipsticks are great and definitely worth the investment when you think you're going to get a ton of use out of the color, but for bright summer colors, I like to keep it affordable so I can play around with fun colors even if I don't get a ton of use out of them. Flamingo Pose is a great hot pink color with an orange undertone as apposed to a blue undertone. It makes your teeth look super white!
  4. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Striking - All of the colorburst matte balms are amazing, the formulation is the among the best, both drugstore and high end. The color striking is a gorgeous pink-red-orange, which would look great with a tan. They're matte, yet they aren't drying, which is really great for the summer.
  5. NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie - NYX butter glosses are the best lip glosses on the market. They aren't joking when they say butter. They are the most pigmented and smooth lip glosses I've ever tried. They aren't sticky at all and last a super long time. Maple Blondie is orange with a hint of pink. It's great for summer and would look gorgeous on any skin tone.
 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment