Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter Skincare Essentials


If you've been a follower of mine for more than five seconds, you probably know I have dry skin. Living in Boston, the winter is particularly tough because of that reason, and that's why I thought I'd share some of my winter skincare essentials. Keeping my skin hydrated is an absolute must for me year round, but particularly during the winter, so all of these products are aimed to really hydrate the skin.






LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter - This is one of my favorite products year round. In the winter my hands get really dry so I'm constantly slathering myself with hand cream. I like to use this cuticle butter at night, because it is a little heavy and greasy. I don't just put it on my cuticles, I put it all over my hands, and it's amazing. Plus, I love the scent. 

Aquaphor Healing Treatment - So basic, yet so necessary. Save your money on expensive lip products and just get a tub of Aquaphor. I am constantly putting this on my lips and its the only thing that keeps my lips from getting dry and chapped int he cold weather. 

Unrefined, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil - Not only is coconut oil good for your hair, it's a great moisturizer for your body. When my skin is feeling extra dry, I use this instead of a regular body butter or lotion. It's great right before bed and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated the next morning. 

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector - This is another great hand cream, except this one is awesome for day time. It leaves a slightly greasy residue, but nothing that isn't tolerable, and it quickly absorbs into the skin. I've used this for years and can't live without it.

True Moringa All Purpose Body Oil - This has to be the superstar of the show. True Moringa was kind enough to send me a sample of this and I was pretty skeptical at first, especially because I am ride or die for my Josie Maran Argan oil, but it's safe to say this has replaced it, which is a bold statement. Not only is it more affordable, I think it does a better job keeping my skin hydrated. I put it all over my face, on top of my nighttime moisturizer and have never felt my skin feel so good in the morning. If you have dry skin like me, this will save your life!

Buckler's Chapped Skin Remedy - G picked this up for me at a little shop in Woodstock last winter, random I know, but it's really great. My nose is the area of my face that gets the driest, and it can peel if I don't take care of it.  Before bed and in the morning, I put a little bit of this, only in the places where I get the driest, and it saves the day. If you end up trying this, be cautious not to lather it on, as it can easily clog your pores. 





 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment