Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best Of Beauty 2015 | Makeup

Face Products:
1. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer - I don't usually recommend going crazy and spending a ton of money on primers, but this year, this YSL primer blew me out of the water. It blurred my pores and gave my skin a nice healthy glow. Worth the splurge for sure. 

2. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - Another breakout star this year when it came to primers. This one is less of a pore minimizer and much more of a subtle glow. It definitely smoothes the skin, but it doesn't fill in pores the same way the YSL one does.

3. Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation - I'm usually a creature of habit when it comes to foundation, and when I find something I like I don't try anything else. I gave this foundation a try on a whim and really loved it. I could build it up or sheer it out and it lasts all day.

4. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - A serious gem from the drugstore. If you're a fan of the NARS concealer, use this instead. It's just as good and less than half the price. I've gone threw two tubes already.

5. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - This has become holy grail for me. I don't think I will ever find another concealer I love as much as I love this. It's full coverage and light weight, two amazing qualities in an under eye concealer. 

6. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - This powder is great for setting both under the eyes and the face. I've used it for both and been really happy with the results. I have dry skin, and I haven't had any issues with it being uncomfortable on my skin. I also know girls with oily skin who love it just as much as I do.

7. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Life changing. That is all I can say about this. These powders are beyond worth the hype and I'll definitely be getting others to try on my whole face (I use this only under the eyes because of its yellow tint.)
 
8. Hourglass Ambient Bronzer - I was skeptical when I saw this in Sephora, but as soon as I swatched it, I knew we were soul mates. The pigmentation is insane, and it doesn't just bronze, it glows. It's one of, if not the best bronzer I've ever used.

9. Milani Baked Bronzer - This is a great drugstore bronzer, but I only like it for warmer climates or in the summer. It's great on tan skin and gives you  a great sunny shimmer. It's perfect when you're looking to have that tropical bronzed skin look.

10. Becca Mineral Blush - Becca completely won me over this year. Every single product I tried from them was amazing, and their blushes were a huge hit with me. Wild Honey is my new obsession and I'm ordering other colors very soon. They're so pigmented and buttery.

11. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop - I know, I know, I've raved about this too much, but that's how amazing it is. Please do yourself a favor and pick it up while you still can.

Brow Products:
12. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Best brow products in the beauty industry are ABH. The brow wiz is a holy grail for me and I feel madly in love with it this year. I can't go a day without it. The dual end, makes it so functional and great for travel.

13. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel - Another amazing ABH product. This is seriously like super glue for your eye brows. If you find that your brow hairs don't stay in place, this will fix that.

Eye Products:
14. Naked Smoky Palette - My favorite of the Naked palettes, and by far the most versatile. Just as with the others, the pigmentation and blendability are amazing.

15. Morphe Brushes - Morphe made a huge splash int he beauty industry this year, both with their brushes and their eye shadows. The brushes in particular are amazing. They're great quality for a great price, and I'd say are very comparable to both M.A.C and Sigma brushes.

16. Guerlain Clis d'Enfer Mascara - This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, and I've used a lot. It's definitely pricey, but beyond worth it. It volumizes and lengthens without smudging. 

17. Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara - An amazing drugstore mascara, and by far my favorite. Great for everyday and getting big bold lashes. It's super buildable and doesn't clump up/

Lip Products:
18. Ofra Liquid Lipsticks - Ofra was another company that became very popular this year, and for good reason; their liquid lipsticks are the best I've ever tried. They're pigmented and long lasting without being too drying. I'm obsessed.

19. Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks - Kat Von D liquid lipsticks also impressed me this year. The color selection is amazing, and while they are a little drying, the formula is one of the best in the business.

Setting Spray:
20. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist - This is the best setting spray I've every tried. It is beyond words amazing. It keeps my makeup on for hours and gives my skin the glow I love. I can't say enough good things about this; Kim K uses it for a reason.











 
 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment