Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Resolutions | 2016




HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2015 has flown by, and I find myself feeling as though the years go by faster and faster as I get older. While 2015 was a great year for me, I always want the next year to be even better. The new year usually comes with some form of new year's resolutions for most people, myself included. It can be challenging to decide what goals you want to conquer in the new year, and because of that I decided to share mine with you, in hopes of giving you some inspiration. 

When setting new goals, it's important to remember two things; make them realistic, and make them important. You probably won't make 10 million dollars, or loose half your body weight in 2016, and setting unrealistic goals like those, can really deter you from completing any goals at all. It doesn't matter how small something seems to someone else, as long as you are passionate and driven, and the goal is important to you, you can be proud of completing it.

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Drink more water.  I'm so bad about drinking water, and it's so important for your health, so I've decided to make 2016 the year of water. My goal is to drink a gallon a day (which is 5 of my S'well bottles) and I think I can do it if I try hard enough. Overall, this is in trend with a broader goal of mine, not just for the new year, but in general, of living a more healthy lifestyle.

2. Be more active.  On the same note, health and fitness have become really important to me over the past few months and I really want to get in great shape during 2016. I've struggled with body image issues my whole life, and while I know I'm by no means over weight, working out has become therapeutic for me, and I've decided to really make it a prominent aspect of my life for the new year.

3. Continue working towards a stronger blog presence.  While I've had this blog for about two years, this past year I feel like I really found my voice. I've had so much fun connecting with you all, and because of that, my goal is to go 12 whole months with 3 blog posts a week! I want to be able to bring you high quality content that is interesting and helpful, but also fun!

4. Begin planning for a backpacking trip. Traveling has always been something I've wanted to do but I've never considered it seriously until now. As I near the end of my college career, the adult world is daunting, and before I settle down into a "big-girl" job, I want to take the time, while I can, to explore the world. Whether it be a month or a year, I haven't decided yet, I want to push myself to go out of my comfort zone, and explore new things. Travel like this takes lots of planning and preparation, and because of that I'm hoping I can spend 2016 planning, so that in 2017 I can travel.

5. Read more.  Reading for fun always seems to be the first to go when I'm busy and I want to change that this year. I've had a list of books I've wanted to read for a while and I plan to tackle them all in 2016. First on the list is Liane Moriarty 's The Husband's Secret. I just have to remember, I have the same amount of hours in the day as BeyoncĂ©. :D


That's it! I hope these goals inspired you to come up with some of your own and make 2016 your year! 


 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post Dahlia! Hope you can complete all of your resolutions! You are such an inspiration to me and many others! Happy New Years! Wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete