Friday, October 16, 2015

Beauty Favorites | August & September 2015




Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - This concealer is quite literally sent from the heavens. It's super blendable and doesn't crease under my eyes. I find that even though the formula is light weight, I still get a really good amount of coverage with it. I was in love with the instant-age rewind concealer from Maybelline for so long, and this one has taken its place. A lot of people say this is a dupe for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and I have to agree (except its a third of the price) . I use the shade 10 Light.

Maybelline  Dream Pure BB Cream- Another Maybelline product has stolen my heart these past few months. I am beyond obsessed with this BB Cream and I haven't been using anything else. I mix two shades together, Light/Medium and Medium/Deep, so that when I'm really tan or really pale I have a color to match me. I trie the original formula of this BB cream and hated it. I have really dry skin and it was event oily for me, which is saying something. The BB Pure is a light to medium coverage, but sits not he skin so nicely it feels like nothing is on. It lasts all day on my skin, and I can't get enough. If you're in the market for a new BB cream, definitely check this one out.

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask -This was one of those sneaky products they stick in the check out line at Sephora to tempt you while you're waiting - and of course it worked. I love Origins as a brand and haven't used a product from them that I haven't been impressed with. This charcoal mask really helps clear up my skin when I have blemish or breakout. I use it about twice a week, and although it does dry out my skin a little, the results are good enough for me not to mind. I got the mini size to try it out before committing to the full size, but I definitely will repurchase the full size.

Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins -This night cream gives me life. I am so obsessed with it. It smells so yummy and leaves me skin feeling super hydrated and soft in the morning. I really enjoy having a moisturizer that is a little thicker for the nighttime because like I said my skin is pretty dry, especially with the weather changing and getting colder. I've noticed a huge difference in my skin since I started using it, in terms of texture and firmness.

First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Balm - I've always had pretty dark circles under my eyes, eve when I've gotten a ton of sleep, I just seem to be prone to them. I've done a lot of research now hat causes dark circles and a lot of people say that dehydrated skin under the eyes is a major culprit. I decided to check out this overnight eye cream because I'd heard wonderful things about First Aid Beauty as a brand and it seemed to be all of the things I was wanting in an eye cream. This product definitely didn't disappoint. It's extremely thick and hydrating and when I rinse my face in the morning after sleeping I still feel it under my eyes. It has made a huge difference in my dark circles and I definitely recommend it to anyone who suffers from them.

Maybelline "The Colossal Volum' Express" Mascara - I love drugstore mascara. There are a few high end gems I'm a fan of, but I generally recommend sticking to drugstore, because you can get amazing quality for a great price. I decided to try a new one from Maybelline and was really impressed. I got the 'Colossal Volum' Express' in Classic Black and thought that it did a really good job of giving me both volume and length. It also builds really nicely without getting clumpy or flaking off my lashes.

Chanel Chance Eu Tendre - This was an anniversary present from G and I was so happy to finally get my hands on this bad boy. I had been wanting it for a while but didn't ever want to splurge, especially when I had so many other perfumes. This scent is a perfect mixture between sweet and floral and is great for day or nighttime. It's definitely a scent i can see being one of my signatures in the long run and I understand why its so popular. The packaging is gorgeous and it stays on my skin all day long (You did good babe).

Cetaphil Cleanser -I decided to try this because my mom swears by it. It's the only cleanser she uses and she thinks its the end all be all of cleansers. I'm a huge fan of the philosophy purity cleanser and couldn't see myself switching to a cleanser like Cetaphil that didn't foam up. I don't use this to take my makeup off or to cleanse ay the end of the day but I do use it in the morning, and I love it. It's super gentle and hydrating and that's really all I need in the morning. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling dry, and if you have super sensitive skin, this would be perfect for you.

Pureology Precious Oil Shampoo & Conditioner - For years I've only used Pureology shampoo and conditioner. I absolutely love it and have tried almost all of their different lines. I noticed this new one at the beauty supply store a few months back and decided to give it a go because my hair was feeling a little dry. Once again Pureology blew me out of the water with this product. After using it for the past two months I've noticed my hair is softer and more hydrated. I love the scent and would consider this my new favorite line of theirs.

OPI Dont Bossa Nova Me Around - I've been on the hunt for the perfect nude polish and I finally found it. I had this color on my nails and toes for three weeks straight and dint want to take it off. It's the perfect pinky nude with a tan under tone. It's a beautiful color year round and definitely one that's become holy grail in my collection. It's also a major plus that it come in gel formula.

Milani Baked Bronzer in Soleil - Milani has done it again with this amazing bronzer. It's perfect for that super glowy, JLo bronze, and it was the only bronzer I brought with me to the Bahamas. It's really and pigmented and the shimmer isn't too chunky or glittery. While this isn't great for the winter in my opinion, it would be a gorgeous blush year round on deeper skin tones.

Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid -This will change your brush cleaning game. I used to use use dye and scent free laundry detergent and vegetable oil but had heard good things about this solid cleanser. I used this to clean a few of my brushes and could not believe my eyes. It deep cleaned my brushes so quickly without leaving them dry. I'm sure I'll switch between this cleanser and my homemade mixture to clean my brushes because I have so many, but this is seriously an amazing product.



 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment