Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Favorite Photo Editing Apps

Instagram has taken over the social media world, and as a result photo editing apps have too. There are thousands available in the app store and it can be overwhelming when you're just looking to try something new. I've tried a ton, some of which I've paid for and some that I haven't, but I've only kept a select few on my phone. Here are my top picks:
  • Facetune: I use this app in almost all of my pictures. It has an amazing whitening feature that lets you make your whites whiter (including your teeth!). I love this because it makes the images appear crisper and higher quality. This app also has a great feature that lets you shrink or enlarge aspects of your photo - this is especially great for stubborn fly aways that can ruin pictures!
  • Afterlight: This app is my favorite for filters. I prefer these over the ones Instagram itself has to offer, especially the washed out filters. There are additional filters you can buy within the app itself, although I myself haven't done that.
  • VSCO: This is my second favorite app for filters and I find myself using it when I don't use Afterlight. There is a wide array of filter options which I like, and it allows you to 'memorize' your favorite filters, which allows you to easily go back to them.
  • Faded:This is another app that has awesome filters. These are more on the artsy side, in the sense that you can make your photos appear 'scratched' or 'cloudy' as apposed to the generic altering of colors.
 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment