Monday, November 9, 2015

Top Shelf Beauty | Haircare Products


1. Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Mask - This mask will change your life. I genuinely don't think my hair would be able to survive without it. It leaves my hair super moisturized without it being greasy or feeling like there's product build-up. I've gone months using this instead of regular conditioner and it's worth every penny.

2. It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin - This is another product that has changed my hair game. The keratin adds much needed moisture that isn't just rinsed out. This is a pricey item but I've noticed that it lasts me a really long time. It's also amazing because it doesn't make my hair feel sticky like other leave in products.

3. Batiste Dark & Deep Brown Dry Shampoo - If there is anything on this list you try, this should be it. Washing your hair every day is the worst thing you could do. It completely strips your hair of its natural oils and will totally dry it out. I try to wash my hair every 3 days, and this is the only reason I can do that. The dark tint makes it perfect for my brown hair and no matter how much I spray, it doesn't get gross.

4. Pureology Shampoo and Conditioner - I've been using Pureology Shampoo & Conditioner for years now. It's by far the best quality I've come across and I don't see myself using anything else. Again, they're pretty pricey, but because my hair is color treated I think it's worth it. My favorite line is their 'Precious Oil' collection.

5. Nume Argan Oil - Argan Oil is a pretty basic staple in most girls' haircare routine, but this one in particular is phenomenal. It seems like it's expensive, but it takes me  about a year to go through a bottle. I usually pick this up during the Cyber Monday sales because they're buy one get one free.

6. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - If you don't have the budget to spend a lot on haircare, this is a great way to save money and still keep your hair healthy and looking fabulous. All I do is take about two spoonfuls of coconut oil and microwave it for about 5 to 10 seconds - just until it melts, and slather my hair with it. This works best when your hair is dry and you can leave it in for a few hours.

7. Cold Pressed Castor Oil - I've been getting tons of compliments recently on my hair being super long and this is my secret. Castor oil is a natural humectant, which is fancy speak for it brings circulation to the areas it touches. I mix this with the coconut oil and massage it into my scalp about once a week and leave it in for about 5 hours. The reason I mix it with coconut oil is because it's really thick and sticky and pulls at my hair if I thin it out with another oil. My hair has never grown so fast in my life.

8. BC Hair Therapy Repair Rescue Sealed Ends - Anyone who knows me knows I hate getting my hair cut. Every time I do I feel like they completely ignore what I want and cut way too much off. This has made it much easier to avoid the salon. I've noticed a huge difference in my split ends after using this for a few weeks. It also smells AMAZING which is a huge plus.

9. Pureology Colour Fanatic Heat Protectant - Anytime you heat style your hair you should be using a heat protectant. It's really important to put a barrier between your hair and the heat from whatever styling tool you're using. While I don't heat style my hair too often, every time I do, I use this. Without it, I don't think my hair would have been able to grow to the length it is.

10. Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask - This is another amazing hair mask. It's definitely a splurge, but it's a cult favorite for a reason. It gets the job done, and the Moroccan Oil scent makes me so nostalgic. This isn't a must, but if you're in the mood to pamper yourself, I highly recommend this. 

11. Loreal Elnett Stain Extra Hold Hair Spray - I'm not a big hairspray person, but when I do use hairspray, this is what I use. It's no joke, and definitely isn't for people who want to restyle their hair after they use this. It's like superglue for your hair, and I'm really into it.

12. Redken Curvaceous Ringlet Perfecting Lotion - My hair is naturally curly, and the longer it gets the looser my curls get. I love putting this in my hair and scrunching it while it air dries. It doesn't leave my hair crunchy at all the way a mousse would. It gives my hair really nice soft curls and makes getting ready in the morning so much easier.

13. Alterna Bamboo Plumping Strand Extreme - Even though I have a lot of hair, it's pretty fine and doesn't have a ton of volume. Whenever I'm going to curl or blow dry my hair I like to massage a small amount of this into my roots. It makes a HUGE difference and if you have flat hair this will be your new best friend. Again, like the other products I've mentioned it doesn't make my hair greasy or give me any sort of gross product build-up.

14. John Freda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength - Sometimes my hair gets frizzy, but I don't want to put a heavy oil in it, like the Nume Argan oil. This is the perfect alternative and it's super affordable. You can find this at your local drugstore and it eliminates frizz without weighing down your hair.


 photo sig_zpsaeb0a1e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment